|Ame no Murakumo no Tsurugi|
|Other Names||Kusanagi no Tsurugi |
|Type||Divine Sword |
|Forms||Straight Bladed Sword |
Curved Bladed Sword
|Abilities||Wind Manipulation |
|Wielder(s)||Susanoo (Original Wielder) |
Ena Seishuuin (Formerly)
Godou Kusanagi (Current Wielder)
Metis (Anime Only)
Ama no Murakumo no Tsurugi (Ama no Murakumo for short) is a Divine Sword that was originally wielded by Susanoo.
Ama no Murakumo no Tsurugi (Sword of the Gathering Clouds of Heaven), also known as Kusanagi no Tsurugi (Grass-Cutting Sword), is a legendary black Japanese sword, and part of the Imperial Regalia of Japan. It was once the property of the former Heretic God Susanoo and considered a demigod.
Susanoo loaned the sword to Ena, and after it was defeated by Godou, it became one of his belongings. However, Godou refused to use it as it would be illegal due to the Japanese weapon control laws. Godou has since gained the power to store it within his arm, and summon it upon command, but often loans it to Ena.
Powers & AbilitiesEdit
Ama no Murakumo no Tsurugi is a God of Steel and has shown the Authority of Wind and Storm control, and the ability to enhance the wielder to a point where they can surpass the abilities of a Great Knight. It can also possess its wielder when they are in the Netherworld. It's suggested that both of these require the power of Divine Possession to accomplish though.
Since being wielded by Godou, Ama no Murakumo has revealed the ability to copy Authorities used in its presence, or channel the Authorities of Godou, then manipulate the manifestation of this Authority. After absorbing the power of wind from the Authority of Luo Hao, it granted Godou the power of shockwaves from his punches, when adsorbing lightning created from Godou's Authority, it developed immense magnetic powers, and other abilities.
Ama no Murakumo has also shown the ability to penetrate spells, and disrupt curses, as when it broke through Keeper of the Horses to allow Godou to escape, and the power to transform into a giant warrior of great strength and precision.
Besides its Authority over weather, and embodying Steel, its full range of powers is unknown. However, Godou now has the ability to summon Ama no Murakumo no Tsurugi, though it is unknown what (if any) conditions are required to do this, and lend it to Ena. He has also learned how to lend Ena a copy of Ama no Murakumo no Tsurugi that will grant her as much power as the original did (suggesting she could only wield a fraction of the weapon's full power.) Ama no Murakumo can communicate with Godou telepathically, revealing it to be alive and aware. Ama no Murakumo no Tsurugi has the ability to adsorb divine powers directed at itself or its master, Godou. This allows it to take the power of an Authority that harms Godou and use it as a source of power, turning it against the enemy or, if desired, creating a new power from it. Another way of using it is to take the power of one of 'Godou's' Authorities, and use it to create a new power. In the case of the Goat Authority, with its power over lightning, it used it to create Magnetism powerful enough to hurl Sun Wukong into the uppermost reaches of the atmosphere.
- Boar (Avatar of destruction) - Gives the Boar an armor of Steel and Sword Tusks that can be launched as projectiles.
- Goat (Lightning) - Magnetism
- Warrior (God-slaying sword) - Temporarily negate Divine Artifacts
- Wind (Teleportation) - Transform the wielder into a warrior and sword made of living wind. Its also can make the user move like wind. This ability is called Sword of Wind.
- White Stallion (Sun) - A fragment of the sun in the form of a sword.
- Body of Steel - Constricting Circlet (Magic ring of metal that can bind even gods, no matter their strength)
- Dragon's Roar and Tiger's Howl (Wind Manipulation) - Shockwave used to increase power of blows.
- Dragon Taming - Ability to summon and control dinosaur based Divine Beasts.
- Summon Vimana - Summons Vimana, a flying chariot.
- Sword of Salvation - Power to use the same level of power that the Sword of Salvation of Rama.
- Control Pushpaka Vimana - Exert partial control over Pushpaka Vimana.
Ama no Murakumo no Tsurugi IncantationEdit
- "Sword of Ama no Murakumo! I pray that you take my body as a sacrifice, to soothe your restless power. For even a fierce god cannot cross a gated barrier! I do not regret this moment!"
- "It was this place, that Susanoo led a thousand unruly deities in rebellion — intending to take over this country!"
- "A thousand swords standing upon the earth, used as city walls to defend against the enemies..."
- "Ama no Murakumo no Tsurugi, unsheathe"
- Ama no Murakumo no Tsurugi is canonically self aware and capable of acting on its own.
- Ama no Murakumo has adsorbed the Steel Body Authority twice. Once as an attack, the second time to grant Godou its defense.
- There is presently some uncertainty whether Ama no Murakumo no Tsurugi is an Authority, a weapon, an ally of Godou's, or a combination of all three.
- Ama no Murakumo shares a name with Godou (Kusanagi).
- It is suggested Ama no Murakumo was a Subordinate God to Susanoo.
- Ama no Murakumo could be considered the Japanese Excalibur, because of both its power, and the fact that it was at one time meant to denote the rightful ruler of Japan.
- Meaning that, at one time, Godou could have proclaimed himself Emperor of Japan, even without resorting to his authority as a Campione.
|God of Steel||Ame no Murakumo no Tsurugi • King Who Manifests at the World's End • Perseus/Mithras • Lancelot du Lac • Verethragna • Susanoo • Sun Wukong • Vaisravana • Zhu Ganglie • Erlang|
|God of Earth||Athena • Artio • Guinevere • Leviathan • Metis|
|God of Unknown Nature||Pandora • Melqart|