Hime-Miko are women descended from divine ancestors, inheriting many of their spiritual powers.
Hime-Miko (Princess Shrine Maiden) are those Miko of the greatest ability, and are descendents of Divine Ancestors, former earth mother goddesses. They are accorded very high ranks among the magical societies that they are part of.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Hime-Miko have a wide variety of innate powers, from the Spirit Vision possessed by Yuri Mariya which grants her a form of clairvoyance, to Divine Possession possessed by Ena Seishuuin which allows her to temporarily channel the power of a god. Unlike spells, which must be learned, Hime-Miko powers appear to be innate, and not abilities that can be learned by others. They can also learn some magic, but focus more on their innate abilities.
Known Hime-Miko AbilitiesEdit
|Netherworld. This allows knowledge of the past, and possessors my use this knowledge to subconsciously make predictions of the future.|
|Divine Possession (aka Advent Magic)|
Allows the user to channel power from a god through their body.|
Allows the user to cancel and negate magical effects and powers.
|Allows one to perceive things without the limitations of physical eyes and ears.
|Spirit Body/ Ectoplasm|
|Name Concealment - Erases memories|
- Hime-Miko in Japan use a style of martial arts called Shuto Ancient Style.
- Hime-Miko have the potential to become Witches.
- They don't in order to specialize in their innate abilities.
- The differences between Witches and Hime-Miko seems to be what they focus on.
- If they focus on their innate abilities, they are Hime-Miko.
- If they focus on spellcasting, they are Witches.
- It appears that, the more powerful the Hime-Miko is, the less physical stamina, and the worse their general health tends to be.
- Ena (and Kaoru) seem to be exceptions to this.