Perseus is a Heretic God in the series Campione.
Perseus has the appearance of a handsome young man wearing white clothing, including a cloak, which is from another time period.
Perseus has a personality of self proclaimed self-righteousness and (like all gods) he is also arrogant. Perseus also has an openly displayed persona of a playboy.
Appearances: Volume 4, 16
Mention: Volume 7, 9, 12
Powers and AbilitiesEditHeretic Gods who were also aspects of Mithras, or subservient to him in their myths and legends (i.e Verethragna).
His preferred weapons are a sword for close combat and a bow for attacking over long distances. He also possesses the ability to move at high speeds.
Because of his slaying of the gorgon Medusa in the myths, Perseus has magical powers that allow him to kill serpents and dragons.
Due to the fact that his other identity - Marduk successfully defeated a mother earth goddess (Tiamat/Andromeda) and forced her to submit to him in mythology, Perseus has the ability to force women with priestess lineage (witches, hime-miko, etc.) to be subservient to him. This authority is attributed as the divinity of steel.
- In the original myths, Perseus never rode the winged horse Pegasus. That was the hero Bellerophon.
- It was born after Perseus cut off Medusa's head and was the child of Medusa and Poseidon.
- In the Renaissance, European painters and poets replaced Bellerophon with Perseus, a more familiar culture hero, as the tamer and rider of Pegasus.
- Also, the 1981 movie Clash of the Titans, as well as the 2010 remake portrayed Perseus riding Pegasus.
- In the Light Novels, Salvatore Doni killed him, while Athena/Metis killed him in the anime.
|God of Steel||Ame no Murakumo no Tsurugi • King Who Manifests at the World's End • Perseus/Mithras • Lancelot du Lac • Verethragna • Susanoo • Sun Wukong • Vaisravana • Zhu Ganglie • Erlang|
|God of Earth||Athena • Artio • Guinevere • Leviathan • Metis • Pandora|
|God of Unknown Nature||Melqart|